Monday, January 17, 2011

What's For Dinner? Weekly Menu


Imagine that...I lasted a week so far! And here we are on to week 2 in my adventure to become a better, healthier cook! 

I am excited about the menu for this week...really excited since I can smell the roasted chicken I am making in the over right now! :)


MENU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday: Herb Roasted Chicken with Roasted Red Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts
Tuesday: Mediterranean-style Fresh Tilapia with Greek Salad
Wednesday: Roasted Chicken Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
Thursday: Creamy Fettuccine with Sauteed Mushrooms & Brussel Sprouts


GROCERY LIST
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 yellow onion
1 cucumber
3 large vine ripened tomatoes
1 bag or box of lettuce (I like romaine hearts best)
1 block of feta or container of crumbled feta
1 whole chicken
1 container of shredded italian cheeses (parmesan, romano, asiago, etc.)
1 package of whole wheat fettuccine or spaghetti
1 large tilapia filet
6 red potatoes
1 package of sliced button mushrooms
1 bag of brussel sprouts
1 carton low fat milk
1 (7 oz) can of chickpeas
Small container of kalamata olives
2-3 lemons

You will need but might have in pantry:
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Rosemary
Thyme
Basil
Parsley
Italian Seasoning
Minced Garlic

Stay tuned I will post the recipes as I go through the week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment